ChatGPT Product Introduction
ChatGPT is an AI-powered language model developed by OpenAI. It is capable of generating human-like text based on context and past conversations. It can now see, hear, and speak.
- ChatGPT can provide instant answers, find creative inspiration, and help users learn something new.
- It has the ability to answer follow-up questions, admit its mistakes, challenge incorrect premises, and reject inappropriate requests. - It has been trained using Reinforcement Learning from Human Feedback (RLHF), with slight differences in the data collection setup.
- Conversational Ability: ChatGPT can interact in a conversational way, making it possible to carry out natural and engaging conversations.
- Contextual Understanding: It can understand and generate responses based on the context of the conversation.
- Real-time Information Retrieval: It can retrieve real-time information such as sports scores, stock prices, latest news etc.
- Knowledge-base Information Retrieval: It can retrieve knowledge-base information such as company docs, personal notes etc.
- Action Assistance: It can assist users with actions such as booking a flight or ordering food.
ChatGPT Use Cases
ChatGPT has a wide range of use cases. It can be used for customer service and support, sales and marketing, HR and recruitment. It can also be used to convert ungrammatical statements into standard English, summarize text for a 2nd grader or parse unstructured data into tables.
ChatGPT Pricing Model & Details
ChatGPT Plus subscription covers usage on chat.openai.com only and costs $20/month. The API has its own pricing which can be found at OpenAI's pricing page. The cost of API calls is measured in tokens and differs depending on the model you use.
Top ChatGPT Alternatives
Some of the top alternatives to ChatGPT include Google Bard, AnonChatGPT, Chatsonic (Writesonic), Botsonic (Writesonic), Claude Bard AI LaMDA (Language Model for Dialog Applications), Jasper Chat Socratic, Bing AI DialoGPT Megatron-Turing Natural Language Generation Chatsonic on Opera NeevaAI CoPilot Tabnine Amazon Codewhisperer Elsa Speaks Bloom DeepL Write YouChat Perplexity Elicit Chinchilla Replika Character AI Poe by Quora Chatsonic Slack Bot CoGram Otter Botsonic LLaMA by Meta.
Top ChatGPT FAQs (updated)
1. Does ChatGPT 4 access the Internet?
- Yes, ChatGPT-4 can directly access the internet using Bing for searching and a text browser when collecting information from web pages.
2. How do I browse the internet with ChatGPT?
- To connect ChatGPT to the internet, you can use the WebChatGPT Chrome extension. You can also enable the browsing feature in ChatGPT by selecting “Browse with Bing” from the GPT-4 model selector.
3. Does ChatGPT 4 have current data?
- ChatGPT-4 can now browse the internet to provide users with current information. However, it was trained using data only up to September 2021.
4. How do I connect my GPT-4 to the internet?
- GPT-4 does not have access to the internet by default. However, some ChatGPT platforms have introduced plugins that allow GPT-4 to connect to the internet and access external data sources.
5. What is the GPT-4 browsing feature?
- GPT-4 with browsing is a new feature of ChatGPT that allows the AI to access real-time data from the internet.
6. What AI can browse the internet?
- Some examples of AI that can browse the internet are HyperWrite, ChatGPT Plus, and Bing Chat AI.
7. What browser do I need for ChatGPT?
- The following browsers are recommended for use with ChatGPT: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Safari, and Opera.
8. Can you use ChatGPT on mobile browser?
- Yes, you can use ChatGPT on mobile either via the browser (e.g. Google Chrome) or via the official ChatGPT app for iOS or Android.
9. How can I browse the internet offline?
- To browse offline, you can download specific web pages for viewing later, enable offline mode in Chrome or Firefox, or use a software like HTTracks or SiteSucker, which can download entire websites or parts of them for offline browsing.
10. What GPT-4 Cannot do?
- GPT-4 has some limitations. It is constrained by an extensive set of human-crafted “guardrails” that seek to prevent it from being offensive or off the wall. It doesn’t update its knowledge in real time. Its command of languages other than English is limited. It doesn’t analyze audio or video.
11. Does ChatGPT 4 have a cut off date?
- Yes, ChatGPT-4 was trained using data only up to September 2021.
12. Can ChatGPT 3.5 browse the internet?
- No, ChatGPT 3.5 does not have the ability to browse the internet.
13. Which AI like ChatGPT has access to the Internet?
- Some examples of AI that can browse the internet are HyperWrite, ChatGPT, and Browse AI.
14. Why is ChatGPT not able to access the internet?
- Initially, ChatGPT was not able to access the internet due to concerns about data privacy and the potential for misuse. However, OpenAI has since introduced a browsing feature that allows ChatGPT to access the internet.
15. How much of the internet does ChatGPT know?
- ChatGPT was trained on a diverse range of internet text. However, it does not know specifics about which documents were in its training set or have access to any proprietary databases, classified information, confidential information, or personal data unless it has been shared with it in the course of the conversation.
16. Can you run ChatGPT locally without internet?
- No, you cannot run ChatGPT locally without internet. ChatGPT is a cloud-based service and requires an internet connection to function.